3 years! That must be a record, even for me. I think part of the problem with breaking the silence is that the longer you leave it, the harder it gets to say something. Then, when someone asks "so, what's new with you?" you wonder how to answer. Well, I do, at least.
So what's been going on?
- New Job! Nowadays I work at CodeEnigma, and I have to say I'm jolly happy. Working from home means I can be close to my family, do schoolruns, swoop to the rescue when needed. The work itself is good, and gives me a real sense of pride to work for a company with such a sense of community.
- Nathan's 6! Currently he's in the throes of a bit of a minecraft obsession, and a bit more of a lego obsession. The rumours that I had anything to do with these have been massively overblown. Honest.
- I was 28 when I met Tassja. I'll be 38 this year. Wow.
- Still haven't signed up for facebook.
- Started exploring my own fascination with photography.
- Finally tracked down choughs in Cornwall! That actually took about 4 years of repeated visits.
The keen eyed amongst us might notice that the blog has had a minor makeover. It's been a long time coming, but it's now sporting a responsive theme (so it views a bit more happily on different devices), and I've changed the engine underneath from Wordpress to Drupal. Admittedly I probably should've done that sooner, given that I've been working for a Drupal professional services company for the last 2-and-a-bit years, but good things take time, right? What do you think?